Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A new year...a new resolution?

It's been a awhile since I last blogged but it wasn't on this site. It was at http://blogs.richdad.com/wilson81.asp . So much for the promise I kept there about one year ago on my last blog. Started with lost of enthusias, but look at it now? It is so not updated until now. Since then, I have done many things in the environmental organisation I have started. This journey has changed, in many ways. As I parted this blog last year March, I have met many people that changed my life. I call them mentors. They may not know it, but I acknowldge it as such. So many lessons learnt on how to hold myself and how to manage people, how to set up a proper system, what is leadership and so much more! Perhaps I would take time to slowly talk about it in the next few days if I continue my disciplined lifestyle of blogging.

That initial blog name was "Journey to financial Freedom with RK". Now, it has turned into a life journey. The past year has been a real turning point. I met tons of people and they have played a part in me to slowly get me to realize life is more than just, being financially free. However, one should not deny that being financially free is important as well. Perhaps I am going to spend the next few blogs talking about what happened for the past year.

One of the few mentors I have met along the way is Mr Ng Weng Hoong. He is the founder and director of his own publication, Energy Asia (http://www.energyaisa.com). Many lessons he has taught me. And the uptmost important one is about promises. I met him at a forum he had organised in Ngee Ann Polytechnic (based in Singapore) and it was talking about climate change. Weng, what we all called him, is very passionate about this. He is happily married to a wife and has seen the world. He has been in the oil and energy industry for the past 30 years at least to see what is dramatically changing. From a journalist in the local leading newspaper, The Straits Times, to Wall Street Journal and to his current publication he have setup, he felt that Singapore government is not doing anything about it and felt very strongly that if we do not prepare ourselves well enough, crsis will hit and we would not even be prepared. he named 3 significant changes that will be coming and slowly, his words are coming true.

Ok, back to meeting him at the forum. Then, I wanted to start a publication within my organisation and I needed help. Hence, I just walked up to him and introduced myself. I told him what we, the organisation, is doing and stated my intentions. He was very welcoming and introduced me to the other speakers of the forum as well. After which, he promised to call me up to discuss further on how we could work on things.

Few days later, he called, as promised. We met up with his wife and has a little tea session by the Singapore River on a Sunday afternoon. It was indeed a nice relaxing day to talk over things. There, I further into details what I do and also to know him better. There, he shared why he was so passionate about Climate change and Energy. He shared his many years of experience and it was very enriching. There I was, downloading as much information as I could from his database. I grabbed as much as I could. And thru the conclusion of the little discussion was to engage in the next forum, 3months away, and from there, we'll see how thing goes.

will continue again on later...need to crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home