Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am free now to continue..for awhile...

Ha...didn't blog yesterday eh... whatever....(oh ya, i wanted to blog yesterday but realized my work computer did not allow me to login to bogeer..sucks~)

Anyway, today I am on duty later at 5pm and I was suppose to meet my bridgade commander at 11AM but he is still at a meeting. I was suppose to have an interview by him regarding why I intend to leave service. Well, just 30 minutes ago, it has been cancelled because he was busy. (ha...how important can I get? Bah~)

Ok, back to Weng. We did embarked on the second climate change forum. Before that, he told me that he will be doing a follow up report of the forum by having an article on it. And we rallied interested volunteer and met up with the forum speakers one by one and eventually did up a publication on that. It was an interesting journey as he shared with me how the publication should work and how interviews are conducted.

Next was the july forum that we had agreed to work on. But he clearly stated to have me and my volunteers deal with getting sponsorship by writing emails to corporate partners and stuff like that. To be honest, I was hesitant. I really wanted to do MORE than just that. I wanted to be invovled in the planning and stuff like that. He was most of the time overseas and I was most of the time slow in responding because of my reluctance of the job I was allocated. I didn't know why and I didn't really like it. We communicated via email and I can feel that he was really pissed from it because I wasn't quite responsive. However, the forum did carry out but I did not get the money in. It was he who did it. The other contribution I had was just being down as a photographer.

oh ya, and it was because of him I had learnt how to use skype too...haha...cheapest way of communication. And he taught me a lesson from there, "Email cannot communicate properly sometimes. Should have a talk over the phone or in person in order to get the right message and tone across". And indeed I have been practising this till now.

We had a talk after that. Sort of sorted things out. He let me know where I went wrong and he had expected more from me. And I told him I had other expectation as well. This wasn't what I came to him for. Then he detailed out step by step why he did so and what's next. Only then did we manage to come to an understanding. Well, a lesson not gone unlearnt I'd say. So the next forum will be in October where Sir David King, Minister equivilant in a local context, of UK will be down. That will be an even bigger one. And this time I sware to myself I'd make things better. With ECO, I hunt for volunteer coordinator to do this forum, learn from it and to eventually have ECO's own forum on the Environment.

Oh well....think it's a little long now...I will continue about the third forum in the next blog when I have the time. Now it's back to communicating with some UN guys to get the organisation I am in recognized and the effort we do as well. Oh ya, if anyone who ever read my blog wants to know more about this organsiation, please go to http://www.eco-singapore.org.

Tha't all for now...till the next blog...taZ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home