Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Our potential...

Hmm...was having dinner at Cineleisure and went to the new mac shop to to take a look. It's like an "IKEA" shop for Mac. EVERYTHING IS THERE! I'm using a 15" G4 Powerbook and I have this temptation to buy all the protectin stuffs there is for my notebook. I wanna protect it because this little lappy has been serving me well.... I love me MAC! :P

Just had a conversation with a friend and he reminded me a story I'd like to tell about "Our potential".

It was back in my officer training days. We were in Brunei jungle survival and there was a part of the training where we had to live in the wild for a few days. Then, we'd be taken out of the site to somewhere and navigate ourselves back to base camp.When we were taken to the "somewhere", we were given some new food raion and fresh water supply and grouped into teams. Each of us carried our own food and some stuffs to support our navigation part of this training. Things like Signal set and battries, spare battries, map, compass, extra water supply, small signal sets, smoke grenade and stuff like that. I happened to be carrying the battries of the signal pack, the spare batteries. So we were walking up and down with our limited resources and strength. We had to find our way and we had to work in teams. There are fast one and slow ones, some good in map reading and some morale booster who will help to motivate the team. So in a team ,we trekked, walking up and down the hills, forestry. And we made lots of mistakes. But it was ok, we pressed, we trust our path finders. We had a few breaks and discussed and shared ideas. Then one of the team members look rather worn out. He was the signal pack carrier. The signal pack plus the batteries is heavy but it is a necessity to carry and keep constant communication with HQ to let them know we are safe. And if emergency strikes, we can contact them for help. I was holding on to the spare battries. I took over his pack and pour my battries into that pack and told him to take my pack with the food supply only. Then we started to travel. From the first few on the team, i fell behind to the last few in the team. But i went on. Suddenly, I fell on my knees. Then i told myself, "Gotta go. can't stop.", then i lifted myself off the groud. I realized that my mind had pushed me off my limits. Or at least I presumed it. So i continue walking, then to test it again, i told myself, "argh...tired..." THUD! I fell on my knees again. Then I told myself, "The faster we go, the earlier we can reach base camp and we can all rest." Then my legs somehow found strength to stand up again. Realizing how interesting this finding is, I tried it a few more times to confirm my presumption.

My point is this, one's potential can be easily unleashed when you set your mind to it. Trust in it, believe in it, and it will make things happen. How miracles happen is because in a critical situation, the person just focus so hard on getting something done, that things just happen. It is your mind power. It is unleashed! Go to thousand and one seminar and motivational talks and they will tell you the same thing. You are only who you think you are. You don't have to go into a crisis to unleash your stregth or potential, you can do it now. Just focus. BE it- Be like you have already achieved it. Tell your mind you ARE it. DO it- Then act like you are it. HAVE it- Then you will have it. And when you have it, it will enforce your thinking that you are it. It's just that simple. BE-DO-HAVE!

My little story to share today...taZzzzz.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home