Tuesday, January 10, 2006

whew....done~

Yup yup....finally delivered my speech. Leg wobbled and tongue tied. Having the whole JC1 Cohort staring at me looking at what I can offer them. Thinking" Why is this guy gonna talk about?", "Who is he?", "It's gonna be boring!!!". I can't help but try to get everyone's attention. Then I took a deep breath, told myself that not everyone would be interested. So long as I can get as much people who are interested or some partially interested, and inspire them, that's good enough.

The script that I had prepared, I threw it away on the stage after 2 sentences. I slowly break up these stories into bits. Part by part I shared with them. And when we reach the Q&A portion, it was quite rewarding to get some very interesting questions that helped me to share more. And at the end of the whole session, a handful of 10~20 students come forth to ask more and how they can get involved. I have recorded my whole speech and I'm looking for somewhere to upload it so those who are interested can listen. Hope it doesn't bore you and kill ya...hahaha! And just note, the first 5 mins I was really tensed, I used the word "ok" for more than 20times. And I got the audience to close their eyes and imagine stuffs, that was also to buy me time to calm myself. For those who hate to close your eyes, lucky you weren't there! haha!

While sharing, it sent a great sensation down my spine. It made me feel good. Real good. If i can inspire them and they do great things or eventually find their purpose in life, I would be thrilled. I really wanna work on my presentation skills and be a great motivational speaker...

After the session, a young boy named Kai actually continued to have me talk to him. We went to the canteen and I shared more with him. The sparkle in his eyes was the best reward I can ask for. I can't believe I had actually inspired him so much that he wanted more. Just like a spoonge, he kept absorbing. It was cool, and he compared me with his elder brother.

I told him, "I can choose to be like most people on the street, living it day by day. Find a job and do what most people do. That's it. But that would be against my concious. I know that deep in me I want to do something big. Something that can make a difference to people's life. I cried at pri 3 almost everyday to ask myself what is my purpose in life. This thought kept haunting me. At that age, I told myself I just want to do good things. Create jobs for people and make people happy. And it wasn't until after I left poly that i finally found the sentence to state my purpose in life. I want to create a sustainable lifestyle and culture. "

The speech is about 50mins including the Q&A. To most, you guys may find it a pain and not listen to it and for some you will listen to it halfway and for some, you may complete it...whatever it is, listen at your own RISK!!!

That's all for now. This has been a very interesting and challenging day. I will improve and do better next time.

TaZzzz.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home